We have passports for this shop hop in the store,
and here's a hint about the color we will be giving out......
One of Kathy's favorites!!!
For more information on this shop hop,
Traveling this summer?
This shop hop is made for you, whether you are traveling all over North America or just around Central Florida.
The Row by Row Experience is a FREE shop hop - no passports needed.
Click on the underlined name for complete details, but just the facts, ma'am.....
1. Each shop has designed an original row. The pattern will be given to you FREE!! Kits to make your row just like our will be available.
2. Visit as many or as few stores as you like and get your patterns.
3. Yes, there is a contest..... details are here.
4. Here is our fantastic row, featuring our local beach critters.
5. And check out the Facebook page for Florida Row by Row to see more rows available in our state.
How much fun is this? We can't wait to see your results!
TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOUR SEWING STUDIO!
We were looking through Inside the Creative Studio: Inspirations and Ideas for Your Art and Craft Space by Cate Coulacos Prato, and we picked up lots of quilt supply storage ideas for organizing or re-organizing a sewing/quilting area, and wanted to share them with you!
Here’s just a sampling from the book:
Vintage and contemporary fabric storage:
- Stacked on shelves by color or randomly
- Folded and stacked in wire rolling bins
- Scraps mixed in open bins like laundry baskets
- Folded and piled in enamel or ceramic vintage bowls and basins
Quilting thread storage:
- Hung on wall pegs
- Contained in glass jars
- Held in printer or cutlery trays
- Stacked on spice racks
- Sorted in see-through bins or specially made drawers
Quilting tools storage:
- Scissors laid in segmented drawers, stored in vintage flower pots, and hung on pegboards
- Paintbrushes stashed in recycled cans, vintage pails, and flower frogs
- Stamps and stencils laid in flat baskets and blueprint drawers
- Dyes and paints held in colorful dishpans, plastic cutlery totes, and on shallow picture shelves
Sewing Machine and Serger Storage:
- Contact Kathy at Byrd’s Nest Quilt Shop at 386-615-8789 to learn more about the many amazing options available for housing your most precious sewing tools: your sewing machine and serger! We’ve got the perfect cabinet or sewing table to suit your needs……from the clean lines and timeless beauty of Koala Cabinets to the super cute and contemporary lines of Arrow Cabinets.
Oh, yes, you can! You can do it and we're here to help! Read on....
Check out the events calendar for many exciting classes and events offered at of Byrd's Nest Quilt Shop!
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT "WHAT'S NEW" TO SEE ALL THE GOODIES ARRIVING DAILY AT
Byrd's Nest Quilt Shop!
Announcement! We are proud to announce we now carry a full line of Baby Lock Sewing and Embroidery Machines and of course the Baby Lock Sergers (you know the one I mean, whoosh............self threading!)
Yes, we are still a full line PFAFF Dealer (and proud of it!). We know you deserve choices and we want to put you in front of the machine that is right for you.
One more thing............when you purchase a machine from Byrd's Nest you get guide classes (at no charge) for as long as you need. Plus the sewing clubs will keep you motivated and sewing. We are always here to help you!
Byrd’s Nest Quilt Shop
PFAFF & Baby Lock Dealer
156 E. Granada Blvd – Ormond Beach – 386 615-8789
Byrd’s Nest Quilt Shop in Ormond Beach continues to be one of the largest quilt shops in Florida, if not the whole country. Over 5000 bolts of fabrics are always in stock with the inventory changing daily to accommodate the constant delivery of new fabrics, patterns and supplies. Located steps from the beach, the tropical influence is obvious when you step inside the door. The cheery staff and brightly colored samples invite you to spend hours browsing, shopping and getting inspired.
UPCOMING SALES & NEW PRODUCTS
CLASSES, CLUBS & SPECIAL EVENTS
New classes are being added daily in our Ormond Beach store. Please check our CLASSES & EVENTS section daily to see if there is something you would be interested in learning. There are always a number of quilt-making classes for all skill levels. For email updates subscribe to our mailing list through the NEWSLETTER section.
Special events, clubs and the UFO club times are also listed in the CLASSES & EVENTS section. For news and information on Embroidery and Software Clubs, please check our updated quarterly newsletter in the NEWSLETTER section.